Media institution logo


This is the logo that I designed for my media institution. It is called 'Iridescent Innovations'. The definition of iridescent is 'Showing luminous colours that seem to change when seen from different angles'. I thought this was appropriate for an institution title because the fact that it shows 'luminous colours' suggests that the films are bright and interesting to watch; also, every film is seen by every person in a different way. The fact that the colours 'seem to change when seen from different angles' highlights the different ways in which audience members view the film.
I chose to design the logo in this way because the films that I would make under this institution would be indie films (similar to Submarine (2010), (500) Days of Summer (2009), About Time (2013)) and I went for an almost vintage look with an old-fashioned film reel and simple colour scheme.